Small to medium size Original Design Manufacturer in the Northwest Chicago suburbs. This privately held 80 year old company has roots in the design and manufacture of cigarette lighter plug accessories but has evolved into custom designing and manufacturing of low voltage DC power supplies and cable assemblies manufactured both domestically and abroad.
Electronic Engineer to participate in all facets of our projects including evaluation, research, design, development, documentation as well as the manufacturing, introduction and testing of the product. This position reports directly to the Director of Engineering and will work with the company's customers, suppliers, manufacturing, QA and sales personnel.
What Makes this a Great Opportunity:
• Small company affords the opportunity to be involved in many aspects of the business. You will not be trapped being a small cog in a big wheel.
• Growing company provides growth opportunities.
• As a custom design manufacturer, you will be exposed to a broad range of technology, industries and markets.
• Exposure to and involvement in international manufacturing and QA
• Design of customer product in
• Documentation of customer requirements
• Design of product to meet requirements
• Cost analysis of design
• Prototype/qualification testing of design
• Documentation of design for manufacturing
• Support domestic and off-shore QA
• Support domestic and off-shore manufacturing
• Support sales group in technical customer contact
• Minimal travel requirements
Your success will be measured based on:
• Ability to work well with all groups within the company – Manufacturing, Sales, Accounting, Quality Assurance
• Ability to see the big picture and develop products that can meet the customer’s needs at a cost that allows the company to make a reasonable return.
• Strong “do what is needed” work ethic
• Minimum 2-3 years electronic testing and development of commercial/industrial products
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Self starter that can work with a minimum of supervision
• Personable attitude for direct contact with customers, vendors and internal personnel
• Experience designing for medium volume manufacturing
• Experience with analog circuit design, development and testing
Desired Experience and Traits:
• Experience managing projects from concept through manufacturing
• Experience developing a product test and evaluation program with documentation
• Experience developing engineering and production test fixtures
• Experience with mechanical CAD packages such as AutoCad or Pro/E
• Experience dealing with Asian manufacturing and sourcing
• Experience with power supply circuits (5W - 100W) including small battery charging circuits
• Experience with DFM/DFA/DFT techniques
• Experience with development and programming of 8-bit microprocessor based devices
• Experience with Surface mount assembly techniques
• Experience with agency approvals (UL, CSA, CE marking)
• Experience with PCB layouts - preferably Altium Designer/Protel
• Experience with analog circuit simulation techniques such as PSPICE
Competitive compensation package including:
• Short-Term Disability / Long-Term Disability
• 401(k) with 30% match on first 6% of salary
• Paid Time Off (Holiday, Vacation, Sick Time), etc.