SAFCO LLC, a leading manufacturer of portable device accessories, mobility power solutions and cable assemblies, presently has a career opportunity in the Engineering Department for a Designer/Drafter/Document Specialist. The person in this position will be involved in many phases of assigned projects including planning, basic design, and documentation release. The position is responsible for the generation of fully dimensioned piece part drawings, design concept drawings, product specification drawings, entry of bills of material into the MRP system and facilitation of the drawing release/ECN process. This position will involve direct technical contact with engineering, manufacturing, sales department and our preferred suppliers. This person will report directly to the Vice President of Engineering.
Minimum requirements are:
• Minimum 2-3 years 2D drafting of electronic and electro-mechanical assemblies using AutoCAD in a manufacturing environment.
• Team Player with the ability to work well in a project team.
• Good verbal and written communication skills.
• Good mathematical skills.
• Good planning skills.
• Experience with designing/drafting for medium volume manufacturing.
• Familiarity with drafting standards such as ANSI/ASME Y14.5-2009
• Good computer skills
• Experience with MSWord and MSExcel.
Any skills in the following areas are not required but would be considered a plus:
• Use of 3D drafting software (preferably Pro/E)
• PCB layout experience (preferably Altium Designer/Protel)
• Familiarity with wire processing and connector overmolding
• Familiarity with plastic molding and electronic packaging